Despite the major interventions it has undergone over the centuries, the Parish Church of Gandra also presents some characteristics that seem to indicate a Romanesque origin. The present temple dates to the 17th century and is dedicated to S.Martinho ( St. Martin). It is a masonry construction without plaster or paint. On the south side, we will find the sacristy next to one of the side chapels. On the northern gable, we can see the bell tower. The main facade discloses a quadrilobate rose window that culminates in a cross. The side chapels also bear the same kind of rose windows. Let us not forget the gilded woodcarving altars, one of the finest Portuguese Baroque works. In front of the church is the Parish Cross. According to the inscription on its base, it dates to 1116. The pillar is an unfluted column, surmounted by a simple capital and a trilobate cross.
The facade of the Chapel of Senhora da Guadalupe is austere, having only two small windows and the front door, which is surmounted by an oculus. The triangular pediment with two side pinnacles finishes off this facade, accentuating it with the rigorism of the 19th century. On the southern roof edge, there is a small Renaissance bell tower. On the northern side, adjoining the chapel, a large sacristy was erected. Inside, it is worth admiring the Renaissance plastered ceilings and chancel with the 18th-century image of Nossa Senhora da Guadalupe (Our Lady of Guadalupe) at the center.